Lena Dunham at my studio #3
President Obama at my studio #2… Congratulations on another four years!
Barbara Palvin loves ketchup #2
Photography is like life… What does it all mean? I don’t know - but you get an impression, a feeling…. An impression of walking through the street, walking through the park, walking through life. I’m very suspicious of people who say they know what it means. — Leonard Freed
photo by Eve Arnold
Frozen Strawberry Squares
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup slivered & chopped almonds (other chopped nuts may be substituted)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10 fluid ounces whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, crushed/smashed
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, almonds and melted butter and spread in 8x8” pan. Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes. Stir a couple of times. Cool
- Once cooled, evenly press 2/3 of the mixture in the 8x8” pan to create crust.
- Beat egg whites and granulated sugar until stiff.
- Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gently combine, beaten egg whites, whipped cream, lemon juice, and crushed strawberries. Spread mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crust/crumb mixture on top.
- Freeze for 3-6 hours.
- Cut in squares to serve. Garnish with additional strawberries if desired.